Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Aug 16, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #751 of 932
After a few days of burn in and listening . The bass impact is back and very articulate, the sub bass never left and as defined as ever, the tone is extremely natural, the high's are resolving, sparkly, smooth, and never fatiguing, the mid range has weight and density but is not overdone... The Opera v2 is my favorite headphone cable to date. Had someone say that they would have cried if they didn't fight the urge to when they listened to the Susvara with the Opera v2(albeit it was a sad but beautiful song, Gabriel's Oboe by 2Cellos). I had liked the Utopia's decisively more than the Susvara before I got the Opera. Now with the Opera, the Susvara feels like it's in a entirely different league when it comes to tone and clarity. Many would argue that the Susvara was already the technically better headphone, I, personally, couldn't see it that way. The Utopia with the older palladium cable had a way to draw me in and connect me to the music emotionally, but now, my headphone of choice has shifted and I can't help but think the lion's share of why I reach for the Susvara's over the Utopia is because of the Opera V2.
wow, that is super interesting to read, so glad to know that the sus can be taken to next level with the arctic cable opera 2

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #752 of 932
wow, that is super interesting to read, so glad to know that the sus can be taken to next level with the arctic cable opera 2
Yeah, I didn't like the Susvara at all to be honest, and was on the verge of reselling it. After some headphone burn in, it started to grow on me, but still didn't best the Utopia for sheer musical enjoyment, that was until the arctic cables came in for the Susvara. Now the Susvara is the only headphone I want to listen to.

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #753 of 932
Aeris, Grandis, Ingens or Opera for LCD-5. Any thoughts/experiences?

Aug 18, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #754 of 932
Aeris, Grandis, Ingens or Opera for LCD-5. Any thoughts/experiences?
I would reach out to the AC team, they are very responsive and helpful. From my recent experience with them they didn't try to sell me the most expensive cable but rather find the best option that suited my sound and aesthetics preferences.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #756 of 932
I'm looking for a cable for my Atrium Open. Looking to keep things closer to entry/mid-level AC cables. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.
I auditioned the atrium which I adored and I think it will benefit from a silver cable, reach out to Arctic cables team I am sure they have what suits you

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #758 of 932
I ordered two pair of the HE-500 & HE-6 back screens - the new open ones and got the originals - they are sending another two pair of the open ones No return no fuss - a fine way to do business

These folks are the good guys!

Sep 2, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #759 of 932
Greetings, I have some top of the line headphones such as ZMF Caldera, Utopia 2022 and Susvara

I adore the ZMF Caldera so much that I wanted to pair it with a cable that is of its caliber in design and performance.

I had my share of some top of the line cables from other companies, and some reviews were building too high expectations to the point when I got those cables I could not connect with those impressions left. Long story short, I contacted Arctic Cables and we discussed best options for Caldera, and I appreciate how resourceful and caring they were in helping me getting a great cable to match the Caldera. They informed me that they finished designing a new cable that should meet my preferences and that it’s a limited custom edition that will be called Sonoro.

The Sonoro is
- X3 20AWG clear pure occ litz copper
- X3 20AWG dark pure occ litz copper
- X2 18AWG clear pure occ litz silver
- cotton+kevlar centeral core per wire

I received this cable 2 days ago, once I held the cable I was immediately struck by its amazing build quality. The cable design is simply something unique, it’s something you will hold and stare at in admiration when you first hold such a high caliber cable. To be honest I never handled such a gorgeous cable like this before from any company, it just gives that wow factor.

I was advised by Arctic Cables to burn in the cable for 100 hours. As such I will write more detailed sound impressions after I finish the burn in process. However I can say this, straight out the box, the cable extended the Caldera’s soundstage in width and depth that it simply made the Caldera sound so holographic and full. Some feedback on the Caldera thread, owners were mentioning that they had issues with the highs, and I could relate to that when using the stock cable or some of the other cables I have, while using the Sonoro I can happily report that the highs extend so vividly in a natural way and getting rid of the issues some complained about using either the stock cable or some other cables.

I am a tonality chaser, and my long journey has been all about timbre and tonality chasing, without diving too much for now on sound, but it literally made me believe that cables make a very very noticeable difference that I did not experience before with any of my other cables that are within the same price range or more.

I look forward to share my detailed sound impressions once I finish from the burn in process

20230902_141949.jpg
20230902_142302.jpg
20230902_142311.jpg
20230902_142655.jpg
20230902_142718.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #760 of 932
Greetings, I have some top of the line headphones such as ZMF Caldera, Utopia 2022 and Susvara

I adore the ZMF Caldera so much that I wanted to pair it with a cable that is of its caliber in design and performance.

I had my share of some top of the line cables from other companies, and some reviews were building too high expectations to the point when I got those cables I could not connect with those impressions left. Long story short, I contacted Arctic Cables and we discussed best options for Caldera, and I appreciate how resourceful and caring they were in helping me getting a great cable to match the Caldera. They informed me that they finished designing a new cable that should meet my preferences and that it’s a limited custom edition that will be called Sonoro.

The Sonoro is

I received this cable 2 days ago, once I held the cable I was immediately struck by its amazing build quality. The cable design is simply something unique, it’s something you will hold and stare at in admiration when you first hold such a high caliber cable. To be honest I never handled such a gorgeous cable like this before from any company, it just gives that wow factor.

I was advised by Arctic Cables to burn in the cable for 100 hours. As such I will write more detailed sound impressions after I finish the burn in process. However I can say this, straight out the box, the cable extended the Caldera’s soundstage in width and depth that it simply made the Caldera sound so holographic and full. Some feedback on the Caldera thread, owners were mentioning that they had issues with the highs, and I could relate to that when using the stock cable or some of the other cables I have, while using the Sonoro I can happily report that the highs extend so vividly in a natural way and getting rid of the issues some complained about using either the stock cable or some other cables.

I am a tonality chaser, and my long journey has been all about timbre and tonality chasing, without diving too much for now on sound, but it literally made me believe that cables make a very very noticeable difference that I did not experience before with any of my other cables that are within the same price range or more.

I look forward to share my detailed sound impressions once I finish from the burn in process

20230902_141949.jpg20230902_142302.jpg20230902_142311.jpg20230902_142655.jpg20230902_142718.jpg
what other cables have you compared it with? Looking forward to hear more about it.

Sep 4, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #761 of 932
After a few days of burn in and listening . The bass impact is back and very articulate, the sub bass never left and as defined as ever, the tone is extremely natural, the high's are resolving, sparkly, smooth, and never fatiguing, the mid range has weight and density but is not overdone... The Opera v2 is my favorite headphone cable to date. Had someone say that they would have cried if they didn't fight the urge to when they listened to the Susvara with the Opera v2(albeit it was a sad but beautiful song, Gabriel's Oboe by 2Cellos). I had liked the Utopia's decisively more than the Susvara before I got the Opera. Now with the Opera, the Susvara feels like it's in a entirely different league when it comes to tone and clarity. Many would argue that the Susvara was already the technically better headphone, I, personally, couldn't see it that way. The Utopia with the older palladium cable had a way to draw me in and connect me to the music emotionally, but now, my headphone of choice has shifted and I can't help but think the lion's share of why I reach for the Susvara's over the Utopia is because of the Opera V2.
arctic cables certainly makes unique cables

i have the susvara as well and might consider the opera 2

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #762 of 932

The Sonoro is

Here is my follow up on the Arctic Cables- Sonoro

High purity cables made from premium materials will enhance your experience in comparison to the stock cables, whether you will hear better bass performance, wider soundstage, more vivid midrange, etc…

When I adore a headphone, the hunt begins to first find the best amp and dac for it, and my journey with that led me to buy the Holo Audio Bliss and Gustard R26, and with all honesty those 2 gears are simply an outstanding combo that will push the listening experience to the max and both are reasonably priced

After I nailed the Amp and DAC, my journey started in finding the best price/performance cable for my ZMF Caldera.

I contacted some companies and felt that mostly they offered a generic feedback and did not care that much about truly testing the synergy of their cable with the headphone in quest, and simply were after just closing a deal.
So my journey led me to Arctic Cables, and I started to correspond with them on emails and told them about my quest to take the Caldera to the next level.

Caldera has some issues and that is a fact shared even in the Caldera head fi thread, which is that it has some issues with the highs being a bit too much peaky, in addition for me at least I found also the soundstage was a bit constrained and not wide as I like it. So my discussion with Arctic cables was to address those, and after lots of front and back, Arctic cables informed me they were designing a great cable which in their opinion and after they themselves tested it on Caldera could be an answer to my quest.

The Sonoro is

Before I had the Sonoro I heard it with the Lavri Grand cable and with both my Norne cable Silvergrade and Moon Audio Silver Dragon, and the experience was good, but I did not feel they offered something that is so outstanding in comparison to the stock cable. I liked the built quality of both but nothing magical to really write about

After long thoughts, I took the decision and placed an order for the Sonoro and waited. I thought well even if it will not give me a wow effect I know it’s beautiful and made of best materials.
I received the cable and once I unpacked the box and held the cable in my hands, I was mesmerized by its built quality that gorgeous cable was something I never held before from any company

Arctic Cables informed me to burn in the cable for 100 hours. So I will not dive too much about my experience once I received it, but I can say I was super impressed.

After 100 hours of burn in, the cable evolved and started to show its real character and capabilities. I can tell you all this cable is something even cable doubters should try

So how did it affect the Caldera, well I will not write big long articles about how each song will now sound and make the reader of my impression get lost in words. I will keep things simple and straight to the point

Bass: the bass of the Caldera is great but I felt it could be more refined and shine through and have more impact, and that is what the Sonoro brought to the table, a better bass experience and definition of notes and I can tell you the punch and impact of the bass is what will draw your attention from the first time you will experience this cable

Mids: fuller mids with more resolution and clarity. You will feel that the Mids have a more accurate presence and are allowed to shine through with such a grand experience. The notes are more natural and rounded. It’s difficult to say in words that experience. The mids are showcased with more fullness and more resolution. The vocals whether male or female vocals simply became more natural and had this great texture shining through with grandiose feeling. I am a person who simply cannot tolerate a headphone that does have issues in the mid range at all. As such my tonality chasing journey is all about the mid range experience. And I can tell you this, the Sonoro simply took the Caldera to another resolute level in the mids. Simply full, organic, natural with a lot of texture

Highs: As some experienced that treble issue in Caldera, I did too, but not that it bothered me at all, but it was there. Here comes in the Sonoro and it just irons out those imperfections, So that any treble peaks are now rounded and smoothed out with great extension. It is an absolute noticeable effect that you will hear so clearly how the highs are so well addressed

Stage: Well, dare I say that the Caldera went from good stage to really wide and holographic. Yes. I dare and that is something all my friends who auditioned the Sonoro and Caldera agreed on. It simply allowed the stage to take a bigger dimension which was a bit confined with the stock cable or some of the other aftermarket cables I experienced. The stage became deeper, wider and fuller. That stage simply made me now declare that the Caldera has a bigger stage than my Susvara for now. I do not know if I will use a Sonoro cable or any other suggested cable by Arctic cable on my Susvara what will happen, that is something that I will try next.

Thanks to Arctic Cables for being so professional and so tolerant. They simply care about customer experience and they do not push a customer in any direction. They simply aim to get the best customer satisfaction

Finally being so impressed by Arctic Cables, as they use top notch premium materials in making their cables and impressed by their amazing customer service I am now planning to buy a cable from Arctic Cables for both my Susvara and Utopia 2022

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #763 of 932
Sorry I have been so absent from this thread. I should have some cables incoming .. I have a HE1000 Stealth I am trying to get the most out of.

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #764 of 932
Last edited:
Arctic Cables Stay updated on Arctic Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550304132060 https://www.instagram.com/arcticcables/ https://www.arcticcables.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@arcticcables8781 info@arcticcables.com
Sep 11, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #765 of 932

Users who are viewing this thread

Back