Audio-gd HE-9 MK2
Apr 28, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #166 of 168
Does anyone have experience comparing an HE 9 (any variation), to a Master 19?
I have the 19 and love it but I want to know the difference in sound quality and would it be worth making the upgrade.

Oh, and I'm wondering if I even need the regenerative power supply models because I have balanced power going to all of my components via my Core Power Technologies 1200.

Thanks.
Go all in while you are at it. Non-HE or HE models. I can verify DI20 is not the same(day and night) as DI20HE.

I am assuming you will get much more love/analog velvety sound on MK3. That, you can not get from external power optimizations

---

I am just saying it because I regret not waiting/saving up for it

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #167 of 168
Go all in while you are at it. Non-HE or HE models. I can verify DI20 is not the same(day and night) as DI20HE.

I am assuming you will get much more love/analog velvety sound on MK3. That, you can not get from external power optimizations

---

I am just saying it because I regret not waiting/saving up for it
Good to know. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #168 of 168
Does anyone have experience comparing an HE 9 (any variation), to a Master 19?
I have the 19 and love it but I want to know the difference in sound quality and would it be worth making the upgrade.

Oh, and I'm wondering if I even need the regenerative power supply models because I have balanced power going to all of my components via my Core Power Technologies 1200.

Thanks.
The he9 will be more detailed and with better layering. A bit more punch. I only compared to the nfb-amp but I am confident with this. The upgrade is worth it. Given you have a balanced conditioner, the he9 LE would not be so far from the HE9mkiii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back