Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
May 8, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #5,581 of 5,616
Oh yes! They do come with very special leather cases as well. In the same Companion case format but the leather is rather unique. Currently still awaiting for the tannery's finishing hence we have got the photos done. Think along the lines of ...... "Museum Calf" :wink:
ooh… Look forward to see how this leather turns out. :)

May 8, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #5,583 of 5,616
May 8, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #5,584 of 5,616
I hope the cases are sightly bigger to fit the cables, OG cases had space for smaller gauge cables :)

May 8, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #5,585 of 5,616
I hope the cases are sightly bigger to fit the cables, OG cases had space for smaller gauge cables :)

Because of how flexible and supple the cables are, you will not have issues with the OG cases.

Image_20240508173211.jpgImage_20240508173217.jpg

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
May 8, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #5,586 of 5,616
Because of how flexible and supple the cables are, you will not have issues with the OG cases.

Image_20240508173211.jpgImage_20240508173217.jpg
But my noodle will be 1,5metre long :beyersmile: Anyways, thanks for the picture! Euclid in real life photo looks stunning

May 8, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #5,587 of 5,616
May 9, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #5,588 of 5,616
I was reminding @Eric Chong that the Iliad was probably the first cable I got from him, just before Covid. It still serves me well. Paired here with the FitEar DC. And of course the new Luxury & Precision E7 DAP. :)

IMG_4549.jpeg

May 10, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #5,590 of 5,616
The excellent combination of FitEar DC Ti and Ode to Laura kept me company this morning at the doctor’s waiting room. Along with the impressive Luxury & Precision E7. :)

IMG_4561.jpeg

May 10, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #5,591 of 5,616
Hello all! Not long time poster here, but definitelly long observer and admirer of Eric's work.

Disclaimer:

First and forefront…thanks to @Eric Chong and @Damz87 to make this tour happen, I was really looking forward to testing these cables and can’t wait to get more time with the rest of the offerings, specially the Dante's series. :wink:

The Eletech Virtues Series: An audio journey into traditions and beliefs

Like in cultural traditions and religions, in audio we seek for representation on our beliefs. The quest for sonic perfection transcends simply acquiring high-end Sources and Transducers. Cables, often relegated to mere functional necessities, can subtly sculpt the sonic landscape, revealing hidden details or adding a touch of warmth, therefore filing the gaps on our main beliefs. Enter the Eletech Virtues Series: Azrael, Cassiel, and Raphael – a trio of cables targeting budget-conscious audiophiles.

Like old impressions I will try to cover technical specifications, sound signatures, and how they perform with a variety of metal subgenres, all through a bit of fun. :)

Most of this listening was done with Luxury&Precision P6 Pro Ti99, 64a A12t and Empire Ears LX. As always, with music I really enjoy and listen on my daily bases. I don't choose music to do review, I just take notes as I go with my listening.

Unveiling Eletech's Virtues:

1. Azrael: From the Angel of Death to Embracing the Warmth of Analog (USD $249)

Construction:
Azrael employs a 4-wire, 25.5 AWG ultra-high purity OCC copper design. OCC stands for "Ohno Continuous Casting," a technique that minimizes grain boundaries within the copper, resulting in smoother signal transmission. This translates to a focus on warmth and a touch of roll-off in the upper treble frequencies.

Sound Signature: Imagine the comforting crackle of vinyl on a warm turntable. Azrael infuses the sound with a subtle analog character, smoothing out harsh edges and emphasizing the midrange. This signature caters to audiophiles who find their IEMs a tad too bright or sibilant, particularly in the cymbal, snares, and hi-hat regions.

IMG_0820.jpeg

Technical Performance:

Imaging:
Azrael's emphasis on the midrange might slightly impact the stereo imaging capabilities of some IEMs. However, the overall presentation remains coherent and instrument placement is still discernible. But clearly the focus Is on the laid-back experience.
Soundstage: The soundstage presentation leans towards intimate, focusing on the vocalist and core instrumentation. This can be a positive for genres like classic metal or doom metal, where a more upfront and personal experience is desired.
Detail Retrieval: While not as analytical as its siblings, Azrael still delivers a respectable level of detail retrieval. Subtle nuances in guitar work or bass lines remain present, albeit presented with a touch of warmth.

That sound journey:

Black Sabbath – Paranoid:
Iommi's iconic riffs retain their power and low-end growl, benefiting from Azrael's emphasis on the lower midrange. Ozzy Osbourne's vocals become even more captivating; his melancholic character accentuated by the cable's warmth.
Candlemass – Nightfall: The sorrowful atmosphere of doom metal flourishes with Azrael. The slow, deliberate riffs and mournful vocals are delivered with a sense of intimacy, drawing the listener deeper into the depths of the music.
Budget-friendly, ideal for those seeking a warmer, more forgiving sound. Excellent for taming harsh treble in certain IEMs, creating a more analog-like listening experience.

2. Cassiel: The Saturn Angel (USD $299)

Construction:
Cassiel builds upon Azrael's foundation, utilizing silver-plated OCC copper. Silver is renowned for its ability to enhance detail retrieval and improve high-frequency extension. This translates to a more balanced sound with a touch more sparkle in the treble region.

Sound Signature: Picture a crisp autumn day, the air clear and invigorating. Cassiel injects a dose of detail and clarity without sacrificing the overall warmth inherited from Azrael. This balanced slightly skewed to the upper end presentation caters to audiophiles who desire a sense of clarity and detail representation of the music, while still maintaining a balanced warmth for extended listening sessions.

IMG_0826.jpeg

Technical Performance:

Imaging:
The improved detail retrieval of Cassiel translates to a more precise stereo image. Listeners can pinpoint the location of instruments within the soundstage with greater accuracy.
Soundstage: Compared to Azrael, Cassiel expands the soundstage slightly, creating a more spacious presentation. This can be beneficial for genres like progressive metal or symphonic metal, where a wider sonic canvas is appreciated.
Detail Retrieval: Cassiel shines in its ability to reveal subtle upper mids details within the music. Brighter guitar solos higher pitch vocals like power metal legend Andre Matos from Angra and cymbal/snares/hats fills become more apparent, enriching the listening experience.

IMG_0821.jpeg

That sound journey:

Megadeth - Rust in Peace:
The rapid-fire guitar work of Marty Friedman and Dave Mustaine becomes quite impressive with Cassiel. Each note is rendered with clarity, allowing me to appreciate the technical mastery of the musicians.
Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage: The complex and layered soundscapes of Gojira benefit from Cassiel's balanced presentation (not as Raphael, but better than Azrael). The intricate interplay between guitars, vocals, and electronics is faithfully reproduced, creating a truly immersive listening experience focused on the clarity.

Cassiel Offers a balanced soundscape with improved detail retrieval compared to Azrael. Ideal for those who want a more analytical sound without being piercing or losing much oomph on the lower end.

3. Raphael: The leader of the Virtues (USD $499)

In some religions Raphael is known as the Archangel leader of the virtues, but for Eletech Raphael is the artist behind the paintings (fresco) found in the Vatican. In my journey here, Raphael can easily be seen as the master of the series, the one that clearly oversee the others.

Construction: Raphael boasts a hybrid design, combining gold/copper alloy and gold-plated copper for smooth detail retrieval and a refined soundstage. This premium cable targets audiophiles seeking a smooth yet refined sonic improvement.

Sound Signature: Imagine a vast concert hall with pristine acoustics. Raphael strives for a spacious soundstage and nice detail retrieval. The emphasis remains on warmth inherited from its gold infusion but presented with a touch of added brilliance and clarity.

The emphasis on both warmth (from the copper) and clarity (from the gold) creates a well-balanced presentation that caters to audiophiles who desire a faithful representation of the music, yet still crave a touch of musicality.

IMG_0838.jpeg

Technical Performance:

Imaging:
With the improved detail retrieval and wider soundstage, Raphael offers the most precise stereo imaging capability of the Virtues Series. I can pinpoint the location of instruments within the soundstage rather easy, creating a more realistic and immersive listening experience.
Soundstage: Raphael expands upon the soundstage presentation of Cassiel, creating a truly expansive and immersive atmosphere. This is ideal for genres like progressive metal, symphonic metal, and atmospheric black metal, where a wide soundscape enhances the listening experience.
Detail Retrieval: Raphael shines in its ability to reveal some intricate details within the music. Guitar picking, subtle vocal inflections, and the subtle nuances of cymbals and hi-hats become readily apparent.

IMG_0831.jpeg

That sound journey:

Opeth - Ghost Reveries:
The legendary interplay between Mikael Åkerfeldt's melancholic vocals, the soaring clean guitars, and the growling death growls are all rendered with stunning clarity and separation by Raphael. The expansive soundstage allowed me to appreciate the full emotional depth and atmospheric beauty of Opeth's music.
Dream Theater – Brigdes in the Sky: The bass can be felt on the gut. The chants immersive and engaging, then guitars jump in with power and details giving me goosebumps. This complex and layered masterpiece comes alive with Raphael. Each instrument, from John Petrucci's virtuosic guitar work to Jordan Rudess's technical keyboard lines, it felt exceptional with great separation. The wide soundstage allowed me to appreciate the full sonic immersion of Dream Theater's music.

Top-of-the-entry-line option for audiophiles seeking the most refined sound and widest soundstage within the Virtues Series. Offers a spacious, detailed presentation that allows each instrument to shine, creating a truly immersive listening experience. Fully capable of getting me kicking feet with the song.

Last but not Least: The Versa System

IMG_0822.jpeg

Eletech new Versa system, which focus on versatility and easy of use, offers exactly what it's purposed to do. Really easy to replace terminations without the need of any special tool makes it a step ahead of Effect Audio's ConX system, which is well known in the community and currently offers more connection options. But Eletech is already working on expanding its offering with P-ear connector under final development and coming out soon.

Just one caveat on Versa system, it does make the connector barrel thicker than usual, making it not possible to use with Sony IEMs.

IMG_0830.jpeg

Final Thoughts:

The Eletech Virtues Series offers a compelling upgrade path for budget-conscious audiophiles seeking to elevate their IEM experience. It also fits someone entering the cable rolling rabbit hole without completely breaking the bank. Azrael provides warmth and a forgiving sound, ideal for those looking to tame harsh treble. Cassiel offers a more balanced presentation with improved detail retrieval.

Finally, Raphael stands as the pinnacle of the series, delivering a spacious soundstage, exceptional detail, and a refined sonic experience. The choice between these cables ultimately depends on your sonic preferences and budget. However, one thing is certain: the Eletech Virtues Series has a good range of cables to help you fine tune one’s system and take one’s listening experience a step up the ladder.

I'm personally an 8w guy when that pushes the cable material engineering to the next level. I wish I could see an 8W Raphael, I guess it would sound amazing pushing even further it's great characteristics.

IMG_0836.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #5,592 of 5,616
Some Friday evening listening with the ZMF Caldera paired with Inferno, off the SAEQ Hyperion Ge, Holo Spring3 KTE and Shanling ET-3. Gorgeous lush sounds. :)

IMG_4587.jpeg

May 10, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #5,593 of 5,616
Some Friday evening listening with the ZMF Caldera paired with Inferno, off the SAEQ Hyperion Ge, Holo Spring3 KTE and Shanling ET-3. Gorgeous lush sounds. :)

IMG_4587.jpeg
You’re making me really jealous with those Dante’s cables. 🙄

May 10, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #5,594 of 5,616

Users who are viewing this thread

Back