The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #99,661 of 104,189
This one costs $116 USD which is pricey for a KZ!

In general, the KZs/CCAs above $50 USD are not that good for the price. They do their best work at sub $50 USD IMO. And usually those with fewer drivers like their single DDs tend to be better than the ones stuffed with BAs.
agreed! Any one of those I have bought over $80 have sucked.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #99,662 of 104,189
Even the divinus velvets?
The Velvets are pretty close for me, but I have to get the angle juuuuust right to get a lasting seal on the Meteor. When they work, they're awesome. They're the best sounding, most comfortable tips I've got. But half the time, I can't get a good enough seal to last through a long listening session and have to keep adjusting, adjusting, adjusting.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #99,663 of 104,189
DOES IT COME WITH A WAIFU?

WILL THE PAINT CHIP OFF?
Its moondrop, they'll find more esoteric QC issues.

That being said, if this started a trend of audio companies making Smartphone/DAP with middle range chipset, ok-ish camera but with Headphone Jack AND MicroSD slot... i'm all for it.
Its annoyingly hard to find mid range (or above) smartphone with microSD+Headphone jack nowadays.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #99,665 of 104,189
OLED, great for battery life. Let me guess, it can drive the HD650? Also great for battery life.
i don't mind oled, mine currently OLED too but the easier to maintain flat OLED.

personally i want the option for it to be functional as good music player with proper balanced out (mostly i will still uses BTR5 or the like for main usage) and more importantly MicroSD slot for many2 media hoard that i usually carry with my smartphone/tablet.

but yeah, with HD650, maybe 4~6 hours?

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #99,666 of 104,189
Edit-19.jpeg
Good evening, everyone! I’d like to take a moment to shout out HiFiGo for sending out a pair of the Kinera Celest Pandamon 2.0 for photos and review! This was delayed heavily due to me coming down with a nasty flu, resulting in a double ear infection… yikes! I had to wait at least 2 weeks for my ears to fully heal, I wanted to give these a proper go and keep it as far as possible.

I will have a full length review out soon on all the expected outlets like here, of course, and HiFiGuides. But for now, my initial impressions are… not the most positive unfortunately. For me personally, I value timbre and tonality over everything. No matter how technical, comfortable, beautiful or well-tuned an IEM is, if the timbre is unnatural or distracting, it immediately throws me off. The SPD driver in the Pandamon 2.0 proves to be very technical, with a high level of detail retrieval and plenty of resolution, but unfortunately it suffers from poor timbre and tonality to my ears so, that’s a deal breaker.

Luckily, it isn’t all bad and I know for a fact that there is a market for these in the hobby.

Please stay tuned for a more in depth review, also going over the entire packaging and build of these stunning budget IEMs!

Edit-2.jpeg

Edit-16.jpeg

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #99,667 of 104,189
i don't mind oled, mine currently OLED too but the easier to maintain flat OLED.

personally i want the option for it to be functional as good music player with proper balanced out (mostly i will still uses BTR5 or the like for main usage) and more importantly MicroSD slot for many2 media hoard that i usually carry with my smartphone/tablet.

but yeah, with HD650, maybe 4~6 hours?
The HD650 really needs something with higher output rather than just something with a lot of juice on tap, the latter puts too much strain on the amp.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #99,668 of 104,189
The HD650 really needs something with higher output rather than just something with a lot of juice on tap, the latter puts too much strain on the amp.
Like its Keyboard which are mechanical keyboard with moonriver2 attached to it.
there are possibility this smartphone is just a smartphone with Moonriver 2 (ti) attached to its upper hump.

so we could guess how good this might be.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #99,669 of 104,189
Apr 24, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #99,670 of 104,189
Project ace: "moving melody in quiet night"

Is the tagline description in the promo mail they sent now.

Hmmm ..
I haven’t checked the marketing material, but that does not seem right. It invokes the image of a serene and smooth and mellow sound, whilst this IEM is anything but that. It’s a slight u-shaped IEM with flat mid, a peak in lower treble, and an overall snappy and dynamic presentation. They should go with the “concert hall in your ears”

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #99,671 of 104,189
I haven’t checked the marketing material, but that does not seem right. It invokes the image of a serene and smooth and mellow sound, whilst this IEM is anything but that. It’s a slight u-shaped IEM with flat mid, a peak in lower treble, and an overall snappy and dynamic presentation. They should go with the “concert hall in your ears”
I am really digging the Ace , I wonder if they tuned it with the R4 because they pair really well together

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #99,672 of 104,189
Your right the R4 sounds different on Tidal vs DSD and different again on MQA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240423_210226_TIDAL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240423_210226_TIDAL.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 24, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #99,673 of 104,189
I am really digging the Ace , I wonder if they tuned it with the R4 because they pair really well together
Likely, I think. Even the physical design if these two look similar.

Tbh, I didn’t think the Ace would be good when seeing the graph, and I didn’t like it on first listen, but it grew on me. The quality of the large metal diaphragm DD here is impressive.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #99,674 of 104,189
Its moondrop, they'll find more esoteric QC issues.

That being said, if this started a trend of audio companies making Smartphone/DAP with middle range chipset, ok-ish camera but with Headphone Jack AND MicroSD slot... i'm all for it.
Its annoyingly hard to find mid range (or above) smartphone with microSD+Headphone jack nowadays.
Oxidized headphone jack will be expected !
Besides, I am sure the specs of the phone will be obsolete whenever it launch.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #99,675 of 104,189
Moondrop MIAD01

6.7" 1080p curved OLED with 120hz refresh rate
Dimensity 7050 (midrange),
12gb lpddr4x RAM (way to large for midrange chipset),
256gb internal memory,
microSD up to 2tb.
also 3.5mm + 4.4mm jack with Flagship decoding chip, Gold-sinking independent audio circuit, Independently LDO supply

1713935512508.png

well, there is still missing the actual DAC/AMP detail.
the price point will be the make or break for this thing. (and QC)

...it'll be funny if this smartphone have crummy speaker.
i don't see forward facing speaker hole or top part speaker hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back