The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #68,521 of 89,635
My simplistic comparison of Empy and Elite is like FiR XE6 (Empy) and RN6 (Elite) in their focus. Here's what I shared in the Empy thread:
Can you share a link to the Empy thread?

I can see myself also going for an Elite down the road….

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #68,522 of 89,635
I pray that you don't have to give up IEMs either. They are a source of tremendous joy in our lives.

Meze Empyrean looks gorgeous.
Thank you 🙏🏼 I’m praying for the same!

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #68,523 of 89,635
Regarding the unit variance on Annihilator that you all are in discussions of, here are some clarification on it:
1) All Annihilator will have +/-1.5db between units and +/-1db or less between left and right channel. Anything between this is considered normal and it is already the highest of standard in this industry, that being said, industry standard for unit variance and channel matching is +/-3db which is unacceptable by today's standard.
2) We (Elysian Acoustic Labs) will never use or even consider to use mismatched components be it capacitors/resistors/drivers. The letters printed on the black capacitors on Annihilator does not represent value, it represents manufacturing date and batch, please keep this in mind.
3) We (Elysian Acoustic Labs) matches the drivers in our IEM to +/-0.5db from 20hz to 10khz to be used on Annihilator and Diva, and will not compromise on this quality. Currently our discarded drivers some model stands at 70%, which means from 1 tray of drivers only 30% passes our QC.

Lastly, any buyer who bought Annihilator and has a serious channel mismatch are welcomed to send back for inspection and we will replace if necessary. We will honor our warranty on all our products.

Hope this message find everyone here good, peace to everyone and happy head-fing!

Best Regards
QM Lee (Founder)
Elysian Acoustic Labs PTE LTD

Elysian Acoustic Labs Stay updated on Elysian Acoustic Labs at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://elysianacousticlabs.com/
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #68,524 of 89,635
There's nothing to dread about an MRI, don't worry at all! It just makes loud noises and you gotta lie still for a bit, nothing else. It's very simple. :relaxed:
The claustrophobia is intolerable. Rest is not a big deal. But he will meditate and it will be smooth sailing.

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #68,525 of 89,635
Would have loved to have seen the glass of wine and maybe even the bottle!

A different shot actually includes the glass 😂

IMG_8403.jpeg

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #68,526 of 89,635
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #68,527 of 89,635
A different shot actually includes the glass 😂

I need to dust off my Massive Attack Mezzanine LP

I saw them live at MELT Music Festival in 2010, what an amazing night and live concert experience.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #68,528 of 89,635
I’ve had one before however it still gives me anxiety as the results are what I fear. I have white coat syndrome and hate doctors offices and hospitals especially!!

Yeah, I can imagine. Be positive! My intention was to give you some comfort, however minor, to maybe help reduce any apprehensions you have. What are you suffering from exactly if I may ask?

The claustrophobia is intolerable. Rest is not a big deal. But he will meditate and it will be smooth sailing.
Well as long as you are not claustrophobic then it's cool 😂
When I did MRI for my cervical pain I have to lay still for 45 minutes and no gulping allowed. Move a bit and it takes longer to finish because the image is blurry so they have to retake it again. I hope everything goes well for you @jwilliamhurst 🙏

Haha yeah, I know. I was a Biomed engineer before I moved to audio and I come from a medical family. :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #68,529 of 89,635
I suddenly remember Erlky LE when I take a bath because I remember it looks beautiful, but when I search the image on google, all I can see is a dirty oxidized copper 😵
So I agree the spot belongs to the OG
I don’t know about those images. But for me, the ERLK LE is much better looking than the OG. I especially like their look with the Dragon Skin faceplates. Here are some pics:
1698338970895.jpeg

1698338992039.jpeg

1698339012324.jpeg

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #68,530 of 89,635
I really like this poll because it highlights a different group of IEMs. All worthy. I own 5 of the top 6.
Haha you do find a special pleasure in presenting how many of the poll's Top runners you own, don't you? It sure is impressive, in a way. I guess. Which of the Top 6 escaped you?

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #68,531 of 89,635
And now for something completely different: how about a watercooler 'eye candy' poll? Please list your top-3 most beautiful iem's. Sound quality is completely irrelevant here - it's just about the looks. And you don't have to own them.

For me it would be:
1. Noble Audio Prestige series. (I'm guessing this is a Khan Prestige - probably 1 of 1)
2. Subtonic Storm. (launch edition - 50 units)
3. UM Multiverse Mentor with NEBULA faceplates. (very rare)

Oooh eye candy... I love it. Of course in the end the sound is what matters, but the looks definitely play a role in my purchasing decisions. The prettiest IEMs in my collection are:

VE Erlkönig LE, with the various faceplates

2023-10-26 17.35.10.jpg

CFA Trifecta HK edition "Golden Sunset", with the Fusion 1 cable

2023-10-26 17.38.36.jpg

UM Mest Indigo

2023-10-26 17.48.19.jpg

Still annoyed by UM taking this great design and reusing it for the Mest 3... :angry:

Runner up: Odin CIEM with custom cable made by Dr. Juggles

2023-10-26 17.42.44.jpg

Outside my own collection I love the Prestige editions of Noble IEMs, esp. those with matching cable hardware. Also the Ronin, which is basically made like a Prestige. If I ever buy a Ronin again it will be in part because of the design!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #68,532 of 89,635
Thank you so much for your good vibes and for sharing your story.

I very much align with your Buddhist quote as I’m an avid meditator and believe everything is for a reason or purpose. I keep telling myself, “Fear does not exist except that which I create.”

Staying positive and hopeful all works out for the best.

I pray your condition remains stable and that you are able to remain at peace.

Thank you again for your words of kindness and wisdom. 😊

I would also like to thank you for your kind words, @jwilliamhurst

Another tip for the MRI examination. You should keep your eyes closed. Maybe you can ask for a sedative before the exam, or maybe they can offer you something to take. It'll be fine.

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #68,533 of 89,635
My simplistic comparison of Empy and Elite is like FiR XE6 (Empy) and RN6 (Elite) in their focus. Here's what I shared in the Empy thread:
Surprisingly accurate comparisons, though the Empy and Empy Elite are respectively a bit less bloomy compared to the iem’s.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 26, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #68,534 of 89,635
Oct 26, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #68,535 of 89,635
Surprisingly accurate comparisons, though the Empy and Empy Elite are respectively a bit less bloomy compared to the iem’s.

Haha ja ja, thank you and they're definitely less bloomy compared to IEMs and definitely why I've gelled with the Meze duo so much. :dt880smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back