Tidal vs Spotify
Apr 28, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #286 of 382
Well i will leave gregorio and bigshot their playground :)
Sure, science discussion is a “playground” and the real adult world is making up BS and arguing it in a science discussion forum. lol.
If only you would leave as stated, or at the very least, leave out all the BS!

G

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #287 of 382
If only you would leave as stated, or at the very least, leave out all the BS!
maybe you keep shut if i add an "OWN OPINION - NO SCIENTIFIC FACTS" disclaimer lol

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #288 of 382
maybe you keep shut if i add an "OWN OPINION - NO SCIENTIFIC FACTS" disclaimer lol
Duh, of course not! This is the Sound Science discussion forum, not the Ghoostknight BS forum. If you want to make-up BS that has “no scientific facts” and is actually contrary to the scientific facts, you are in the WRONG forum! Jeez, how many times.

You can’t even state you are leaving this thread without immediately proving your statement false, lol!

G

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #289 of 382
@gregorio
As you "may" have noticed the reply #279 i wrote wasnt for you, thank you :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #291 of 382
And “as you may have noticed”, this is a public thread in a public forum, thank you!
Ah thats the reason why you feel like needing to chime in all the time, thanks again :wink:

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #292 of 382
Third time you’ve promised that. It never sticks.

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #293 of 382
There seems to be understanding of facts demonstrated by different parts of different posts but there is obviously no piecing together of that information into a logical conclusion.

“I hear differences where science says I shouldn’t, however, I also understand that the human auditory system isn’t infallible, in fact I can very easily demonstrate that to myself with a simple auditory/visual illusion”

Conclusion = “What I hear is real, science doesn’t understand me, I better try and convince people that believe the science they are wrong.”

Logical conclusion = What I think I am hearing might not be real, it might be influenced by other stimuli, I wonder if I could learn a bit more about that, maybe what I thought I knew isn’t entirely accurate.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #294 of 382
Conclusion = “What I hear is real, science doesn’t understand me, I better try and convince people that believe the science they are wrong.”
i guess this is also why gregorio feels -personally- attacked each time

What I think I am hearing might not be real, it might be influenced by other stimuli, I wonder if I could learn a bit more about that, maybe what I thought I knew isn’t entirely accurate.
this is a completely different pair of shoes imo ... you dont think i know what changes i hear from day to day (after 6 years of nearly daily listening with a somewhat good Hifi) and can differentiate them when im actually listening to a comparison? sure it still does play a role but (for me) its nothing that major that i hear completely different
again, sounds great in theory but in practice i couldnt disagree more

Tho theory from me here... since i just thought about... i actually noticed that i get more consistent sound from day to day as im using a (good) power conditioner and ferrites on power cables, different EMI/RFI profiles from day to day on the power lines that probably everyone who knows how can measure
Also the day vs night difference nearly completely vanished with the power conditioner, which was definitely a real thing

im currently also at a point where i think most changes people hear in usb cables or whatever come actually from changing EMI/RFI ...
and that getting rid of the major part of EMI/RFI might help you start hearing differences

“I hear differences where science says I shouldn’t, however, I also understand that the human auditory system isn’t infallible, in fact I can very easily demonstrate that to myself with a simple auditory/visual illusion”
i also noticed how this auditory illusion sounds like, "like the real thing" , this is NOT what you get with some devices/dacs that sound like crap (un-natural), consistently...

there are so many things to consider, tho also this fact here:
if someone asks around here they get bombarded with "objective facts" (just like marketing to be honest, or maybe even worse because "science cant be wrong, they are FACTS!") then after not believing your "facts" you guys advice them todo DBT and if they are not part of the bell curve they are simply wrong and are "fools" for believing science is wrong..... The big question here is how you can get any more bias into one person?

Then the best part is, if someone advice to just take a listen.... ah the sighted bias... ohhh.....
People have to think for both factions and nobody seems to do, imo the case is clear, the truth lies somewhere between what objectivists and audiophiles say

HAVING SAID THIS (MY OWN OPINION).... i will definitely double check my ADC recordings in a DBT, just because im (still) curious, tho if it ends up invalidating what i heared before it probably still doesnt convince me but proofs my point of being right about DBT... since i "know" the chance that thousands of audiophiles live in their own world imaging things is fairly low imo

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #295 of 382
I love how mad folk get that LAME MP3 at V0 is transparent on everything and even competitive with newer codecs. Song too hot at 22KHz? just use a 17KHz Low pass, Pre-echo/smearing even if mild? just use allshort with LAME 3.99(Dev versions).

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #296 of 382
@BS5711 To translate @Ghoostknight response in the terms of your post:

Logical Conclusion = “I know that what I hear might not be real but I’m only subject to human audio illusions I know about, I’m not subject to human perceptual errors of any significance because after 6 years of listening to a mediocre HiFi system I’m no longer human, I’m an audiophile! As I’m no longer a human, I am not subject to any of the science or other facts that pertain to human performance/thresholds and therefore any science or facts that contradicts what I’m hearing as an audiophile must be wrong. Of course, that leaves a big gap in science/the facts as far audiophiles are concerned and as I don’t know what a scientific theory is, I’m going to invent some BS I’ve just thought of, and call it a theory”!

“Oh, and it’s perfectly alright to spout this BS because it’s my opinion and as a deluded audiophile my opinion trumps science and facts, even in a science discussion forum”!
i guess this is also why gregorio feels -personally- attacked each time
That’s your problem, you keep making up nonsense guesses even after you’ve been told the real reason repeatedly!

G

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #297 of 382
That’s your problem, you keep making up nonsense guesses even after you’ve been told the real reason repeatedly!
well either that or you just like to make everyone that disagree's with you (EDIT: OR SIENCE, since i know something like this will come....) make look like a fool, tho it still speaks for itself and is basicly the same in my book
than it becomes attacked vs triggered

you know... sometimes logical conclusions without studys or research are not that far off from the reality...
:)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #298 of 382
well either that or you just like to make everyone that disagree's with you make look like a fool …
My god, how many times? It’s go nothing to do with anyone disagreeing with me, it’s ALL about you spouting made up BS that disagrees with the facts/science. And, you don’t need me to try to make you look like anything, you’re doing that all on your own and exceptionally well!

G

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #299 of 382
consider the source.

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #300 of 382
I knew I had stumbled on the user name recently but couldn't place it then the penny dropped.

The ground box forum - our chap is also a user of crystals and bags of minerals on cable ends and speakers to improve the sound.

I think the rabbit hole has gotten impossibly deep with this one, so deep there is no light left and no way to turn back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back