What can you folks tell me about 7Hz Timeless? Reviews were good so I bought em.
Apr 8, 2023 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

BrokeAudiophileMan

100+ Head-Fier
My 7Hz Timeless will be here tomorrow and I'll be running them off my fiio K7. Reviews were very good. I bought the HOLA about 10 days ago and was so amazed by what $19 can do with Chifi IEMs that I thought surely $200 would go way further and be totally amazing so I got the Timeless on amazon with a 4.4mm cable included. Very much looking forward to them.

If anybody has the timeless especially if you listen to them balanced with a decent amount of power how do you like them?

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 19
They were great when I owned them. Lots of detail, nice punchy bass, very solid IEMs. And not just for their price.

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 19
My 7Hz Timeless will be here tomorrow and I'll be running them off my fiio K7. Reviews were very good. I bought the HOLA about 10 days ago and was so amazed by what $19 can do with Chifi IEMs that I thought surely $200 would go way further and be totally amazing so I got the Timeless on amazon with a 4.4mm cable included. Very much looking forward to them.

If anybody has the timeless especially if you listen to them balanced with a decent amount of power how do you like them?
They are very good. Tons of detail, punchy bass and clean mids.
The timbre is a bit metallic (I guess this is common with planars), and the treble is a bit hot, specially with bad recording.
Seriously advise to change the cable and tips.
I'm using a NiceHCK SuperBlue cable and Feallue Latex H570 tips. Because of this combination I don't have hot treble anymore and the bass and miss have better separation.
I will have a NiceHCK BlackSoul and BlackCat cables to test with my Timeless OG... There are other cables that users have been recommended, just take a look at the Timeless thread.

Apr 8, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 19
The timbre is a bit metallic (I guess this is common with planars), and the treble is a bit hot, specially with bad recording.
I'm using a NiceHCK SuperBlue cable and Feallue Latex H570 tips. Because of this combination I don't have hot treble anymore and the bass and miss have better separation.
I will have a NiceHCK BlackSoul and BlackCat cables to test with my Timeless OG... There are other cables that users have been recommended, just take a look at the Timeless thread.

Thanks for the tips. I'll look into all that stuff depending on how I find the sound out of the box.

Apr 9, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 19
Well I just got em about 30 minutes ago. When I first listened I thought "Oh wow that's... ugh... I don't like that" but after a few songs my ears adjusted and these IEMs definitely have magical powers in a way nothing I've listened to before does. Emotional response enducing. Nothing else I have does that.

Apr 9, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 19
Well I just got em about 30 minutes ago. When I first listened I thought "Oh wow that's... ugh... I don't like that" but after a few songs my ears adjusted and these IEMs definitely have magical powers in a way nothing I've listened to before does. Emotional response enducing. Nothing else I have does that.
Yeah just make sure you do some proper cable and tip rolling. I used may Timeless OG for over a year with the original cable and some third party tips and despite I recognise the capabilities of the IEM, I always found the treble to hot. Last month I invested in cables and tips and I unleash the potential of the Timeless OG. A good quality copper cable and good tips will end the harshness in the treble without it losing details.
Invest in the timeless and you won't be disappointed

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 19
Yeah just make sure you do some proper cable and tip rolling. I used may Timeless OG for over a year with the original cable and some third party tips and despite I recognise the capabilities of the IEM, I always found the treble to hot. Last month I invested in cables and tips and I unleash the potential of the Timeless OG. A good quality copper cable and good tips will end the harshness in the treble without it losing details.
Invest in the timeless and you won't be disappointed
Maybe it's my hearing loss talking but I don't find the treble harsh at all. Having said that I find all the included tips uncomfortable so I'll get better tips but I don't find the treble harsh personally.

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 19
Maybe it's my hearing loss talking but I don't find the treble harsh at all. Having said that I find all the included tips uncomfortable so I'll get better tips but I don't find the treble harsh personally.
We are all different, and I may perceive the treble as harsh, and you don't. Anyway I still think it's worth to do some tips and cable rolling with the Timeless before make a final opinion

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 19
We are all different, and I may perceive the treble as harsh, and you don't. Anyway I still think it's worth to do some tips and cable rolling with the Timeless before make a final opinion
Having a premature final opinion is free. Aftermarket tips and cables cost money :p
jks I'll mess around and see what I hear.

Apr 10, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #11 of 19
Having a premature final opinion is free. Aftermarket tips and cables cost money :p
jks I'll mess around and see what I hear.
Spinfit W1 tips are fantastic for me, solving my fit and seal problem for ever more.

Apr 29, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #12 of 19
After having heard the Timeless with the BlackSoul and the BlackCat, I still prefer to listen to it with the Superblue cable. The sound is more engaging 👌

Jul 30, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #13 of 19
Timeless battery use - Android?

At 17% off on Amazon, I pulled the trigger.

I am about 15 hours into my new 7Hx Timeless. Tidal app (Android), powered from my FiiO M11 Pro, 4.4mm balanced. The battery drain seems faster than with other earphones and headphones. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW I installed the

SpinFit CP240 Double Flange

tips for a better seal and more comfort. I also added the FiiO "silver" 4.4mm cable. I am enjoying the relaxed feeling of bass and full range at lower volumes.

These earphones are noticeably better at imaging, clarity and bass than my Shure 535 and Rai Solo. Acoustic bass (close miked) has a nice "wood" tone... very realistic.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 19
Timeless battery use - Android?

At 17% off on Amazon, I pulled the trigger.

I am about 15 hours into my new 7Hx Timeless. Tidal app (Android), powered from my FiiO M11 Pro, 4.4mm balanced. The battery drain seems faster than with other earphones and headphones. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW I installed the

SpinFit CP240 Double Flange

tips for a better seal and more comfort. I also added the FiiO "silver" 4.4mm cable. I am enjoying the relaxed feeling of bass and full range at lower volumes.

These earphones are noticeably better at imaging, clarity and bass than my Shure 535 and Rai Solo. Acoustic bass (close miked) has a nice "wood" tone... very realistic.
I have the Timeless and I don't think it uses the same battery as my other IEMs that I plug to the balance output of my M11S.

After used the Feaulle H570 tips for months I changed for the Render tips and I think they complement the Timeless very well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back